Friday, November 5, 2010

AEDM - Days 4 & 5: TAG Art Beginnings


Well, at last I've been working on some of the TAG journey stuff. I've been playing around with a map but am not quite sure where it's going. The above version was created in Photoshop. I'm not so sure about it. Maybe after I take colored pencils to it I'll like it better. I guess the beauty of a map like this is that it will unfold as I go (ha, pun intended). To that end, I have the blank beginnings which will actually become part of the story:




Next up, the doll that will represent me at the Guild Hall during my travels. This has also been a tough one for me. I originally wanted her base to be formed of twigs but haven't had much luck locating some that are small enough. So I have decided to start with a paper base, which I've cut from water color paper:






Here are some fabric possibilities for her body and clothing:


That's it for now. I hope to make some progress this week-end. I worked on the map yesterday, but was just too tired to post last night. 

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance again this week to join in the Haiku My Heart Friday fun. Sigh. Next week for certain.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment