Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Think That I Shall Never See...


...a tree with earrings.


It has been sooo windy here if the trees had any leaves, this is how they'd look.

The image above is a close-up of the corner of an art bag I painted for a round robin. I was unexpectedly bumped up into this exchange and so didn't have a lot of time to devote much thought to what I wanted to put on my bag. I love trees and their energy, the stories they tell (and the secrets they don't!), so when I began to paint, a tree is what emerged. No time for nifty stuff like photo emulsion which is what I'd originally wanted to do, but I like this windswept tree with its little beaded leaf accents. It reminds me of a storybook illustration. I'll probably add a few more leafy "earrings" later.


The best part will be seeing what the other seven artists who are in this round robin will add. The hardest part will be waiting for my bag to come back home.....

No comments:

Post a Comment