Friday, April 10, 2009

Trails of Ribbon






I've spent months looking for this cool ribbon. Working on journals recently I imagined how nice they would look with this lovely tattered and worn ribbon to complement the aged finish. Having been unsuccessful in my previous attempts to locate it, I put out a plea to the 14 Secrets group. Several folks were familiar with the ribbon, some even had it but either couldn't recall where it had been purchased, had purchased it locally or from a going-out-of-business sale. The latter was the case with Jan, who emailed me to say she had oodles of it and was putting some in the mail to me. I was thrilled and also touched by her generosity of spirit.

True to her word, Jan mailed it immediately and within a couple of days, I was playing with yards of shimmery, silky ribbon, letting it flow through my fingers and once again being moved by her thoughtfulness and generosity.

A day or two later, Jan posted a message to the group to say that she had in turn received MORE of the same ribbon neatly wrapped around an art swap package from another group. How cool is that? Talk about paying it forward...

A thousand huzzahs to Jan! Please check out her blog and her Etsy shop. And if anyone knows where I might find more of this lovely stuff, please do let me know. I may have to begin experimenting with making my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment