Saturday, June 13, 2009

When Life Hangs in the Balance



I realized last night that it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. Time has escaped me. My grandmother (who lives with us) has been hospitalized since June 1st, and on a respirator since June 7th. I've not been able to focus on art (or much else) during this challenging time, but I see that folks have been stopping by this space and so I offer this explanation and gratitude for your continued interest.

Today my grandmother underwent a procedure that, in the best case scenario, will allow her to be weaned off the respirator and hopefully enjoy more time with us, without the constant struggle for breath. And so we wait. Please, if you are so inclined, send up a prayer. All good thoughts and energy are very much appreciated.

In searching for a photo to include with this post, I came across some I'd taken of kite boarders at the lake in early spring. I really like the one above for its vast expanse of watercolor sky, so much so that I couldn't resist playing with the image just a bit:



I think the haiku speaks for itself:

a fragile thread
each breath hangs suspended
between gusts


And so a little creative energy has been expended and I feel better. :)

Here are a couple more (unaltered) images from that spring day:






Looks like fun, whaddya think?

~~~


Whilst you are here, please check out the new badges in the sidebar, specifically The Ties That Bind – a wonderful, collaborative art effort and raffle to benefit ovarian cancer research. Click on the image for more information.

The Kreativ Blogger Award was given to me by Lani Gerity – a delightfully unexpected surprise that I will be passing along to five other creative bloggers soon. Stay tuned! Meanwhile, visit Lani's fun, thoughtful and inspirational blog here.

~~~


In other news, more journals for the Mariposa Project have arrived! A big boxful from Lore Caldwell, created by Lore and some of her clients. Pictures will be forthcoming. Thank you so much, Lore!

~~~


I'm so far behind on things... art projects, an interview, even a couple of gifts. If I owe you something, please accept my apologies and know that I have not forgotten. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

As always, click on any image to enlarge it.

Peace...

~

3 comments:

  1. Hey Deb. When you gonna come over to my blog and add me to your blog list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    Actually, I thought I'd already added you – oops. My head has been elsewhere. I'm slowly adding links, one or two at a time and there are several I've yet to add but fully intend to.

    Yours is next. ;)

    Thanks for visiting,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Sorry about your Grandmother Deb. Art is a good distraction when you are worried or stressed or sad, I know.

    I love your haiku!

    I'm waiting for the next journal to get to me AND in the meantime I gave you another award because your blog is lovely too! Pass it on when you have the time and inclination.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete