Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nurturing Creativity




Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is a warm, witty and fascinating memoir of the author's journey (physical, emotional and spiritual) to find herself. The video above is a very interesting 20-minute talk by Ms. Gilbert on the ideas of genius and creativity. Definitely worth a look. Her humility and wonder are endearingly refreshing. It makes me realize that her book really does capture the true essence of who she is because the same traits are ever present in her writing.

I lovelovelove the quote by poet Ruth Stone, because, as Ms. Gilbert says, who among us hasn't touched that place at least on occasion in our creations?

What would it take to go there each and every time?

Enjoy the video.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a wonderful, inspiring truth, it's amazing.... definitely one to keep on file! I haven't read the book, but I'm putting it on my list.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete