Thursday, March 18, 2010

Is It Spring, Yet?



Yeah, it has been awhile again... no excuses, I've just been uninspired for a time. A serious case of winter blahs, methinks. As I'd hoped, spring-like weather has perked me up and I'm feeling a little lighter and brighter and ready to find my creative mojo once again. (You might have noticed the spruce-up to this space... time for a new spring look.)

Yes, the weather has been gorgeous, just like that. One day it was winter and then – poof! Two full weeks of lovely, lovely sun and warmer temps. And it isn't even the equinox yet, huzzah! My little grandson is happy that he can ride his bike without having to navigate snow beasties.

Some good things have happened, the best being the birth of my niece, Juliette, on March 2nd. We have all waited a long time for her arrival and my brother and his wife finally obliged. ;) I'm working on a special way-too-cute something for her. Pics of the finished work hopefully soon.

All that leprechaun-chasing yesterday paid off. Today I was informed that I've won the giveaway at the Make and Takes website. A $50.00 gift certificate to the Add A Dangle Etsy shop – how lucky is that? Have you seen this shop? Omigosh, charms and pendants and all manner of gemstone danglies. I've been sneak-peeking, trying to decide what delights I might choose. And just in time. I've been hankering to do some beading but have been hampered by an injured thumb. You don't realize just how much you miss a thumb until one is out of commission for a time, heh.

But a regular, ol' band-aid is doing the job now – bring on the beads.

Thank you to Marie from Make and Takes for having this giveaway and to Add A Dangle for such a generous gift offer. Please do take a few minutes to check out both sites.

Let me know what you think of the new blog look. I'm still twiddling with it. I really like the scroll work. A banner update might be in order, too.

~~~

On a sadder note, I'd like to offer condolences to the family of Sondra Ball, publisher of the online poetry journal, Autumn Leaves, for a number of years. Her work was truly a labor of love and Sondra's absence leaves an empty space not easily filled. Safe travels, Sondra.

~~~

Now go outside and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment